Film is not dead, and here’s why I shoot film.
- The Look. Film has a distinctive look, one that many digital photographers try to imitate through special effects in PhotoShop or LightRoom. Film photography is beautiful, grainy, and dare I say, yummy?
- Ease. The majority of my film photography images come straight out of the camera ready to view. That’s because, with film photography, you are forced to know your stuff (no spray and pray methods here!) and you’re forced to slow down and truly enjoy film photography.
- Skills. It takes skill to be a film photographer. Like I said in the previous point, film photography is too expensive ($1-2 per click!) to just snap a photo and hope your settings are good. You have to truly understand light, metering and aperture to capture the perfect photo.
- Highlights and Shadows. Film photography captures so much detail, without the need for adjusting in PhotoShop or LightRoom. Highlights and Shadows and equally exposed in film photography.
- Bokeh. That beautiful blurry background we all love so much? Thank film photography for that.
- Quality Difference. Those who shoot film photography, know what they’re doing. End of story.
Engagement photography is a great way for you, the newly engaged couple in Tallahassee, to get to know the photographer you may use for your wedding. Some packages offer the session as a separate product while other packages include your Tallahassee engagement photography session with your overall wedding package. Here are some reasons why having engagement photography done with your chosen photographer as so important:
- Trust. You’ll get to know your photographer and hopefully love each others style. But if unfortunately you don’t hit it off, you’ll have time to find a photographer better suited to your needs and wants.
- Time + Location. Once you’ve discussed your engagement photography ideas with your photographer, you get to spend time together, on location and see your photographer in action.
- Makeup + Hair. Your Tallahassee Engagement Photography session is the perfect time to try out your hair and makeup ideas. You’ll get to see how it’ll all look on film before the big day, thus allowing you to make adjustments if necessary.
What more evidence could you need to book your Tallahassee Engagement photography session today?
We’re all told this kind-of lie that the wedding day is all about the bride, but what about the groom? He’s half of this relationship after all! Groom photography is slowly on the rise in Tallahassee, as it should be! I balance my time between photographing the bride getting ready as well as the groom for my Tallahassee Groom Photography. He shined his shoes. He straightened his tie. He buttoned those cuff-links. He deserves some groom photography love too! So ladies remember, all relationships should be 50/50, as should your wedding photos: half bridal portraits, half groom photography. Click here to see how I capture the groom’s details.
As a North Florida wedding photographer, I find there are many gorgeous places and opportunities for wedding photography. Some things to consider when choosing a wedding photographer in North Florida, specifically Tallahassee, include the following:
- Style. What type of North Florida photography appeals to you? My style is documentary, as opposed to posed, and is candid and spontaneous and includes shots of the various details like decor, flowers and clothing. Fine Art photography and edgy-bold photography also steer away from posed photos, which is also the type of North Florida Wedding Photography you can expect with Poppie Studios.
- Homework. Read reviews. See what others are saying about your North Florida Wedding Photographer.
- Personalities. Make sure your personality and that of your North Florida Wedding photographer mesh. You should have in-person meetings before hand to establish a relationship. Having engagement photos done with your North Florida wedding photographer will also give you a chance to see them in action.
- Packages. Does your North Florida Wedding photographer offer multiple package options to fit your needs and budget?
Taking these few, basic items into consideration will help you choose a North Florida Wedding Photographer that best fits your needs, budget and style.
Many people think of hiring a professional photographer for weddings and baby portraits, but what about hiring a Tallahassee photographer for other special events in your life? If you want beautiful family moments captured on film, then a Tallahassee photographer is what you need. The holiday will be upon us sooner than most of us realize, and having Tallahassee photography with your beautiful family should be the focal point of your holiday cards this year! When choosing someone for your Tallahassee family photography, consider the following things:
- Galleries. Look at their galleries. Is their style in line with what you want? If you find images online that you adore, make sure the photographer you choose in Tallahassee has a similar style and it’s not beyond their skill set.
- Experience. Do they have a Testimonials or Reviews page? You want to see what others are saying about this Tallahassee photographer. Check out their facebook, instagram and Pinterest pages too for an overall understanding of what they’re capable of.
- Location. For your Tallahassee photography do you want natural light? Artificial (flash) light? Indoors? Outdoors? As a film photographer in Tallahassee, Poppie Studios uses beautiful 35mm film in natural, available light.
- Expectations. How long will the session last? What is included in your Tallahassee photography package? Do you order prints through me? Will your photos be used for marketing purposes?
- Price. How much will it cost? If your Tallahassee photography session runs long, will you be charged for more time? Do you get prints? An online ordering album?
Get clear on these things, and your Tallahassee photography session will get you images you love from a Tallahassee photography you enjoy working with.